Big props to Joe – I could tell on Twitter that people enjoyed this and getting to finally check it out tonight I totally agree! High energy, inspirational, well thought out – it was great! I had no idea he was such a great speaker. Mostly because we’ve never met in real life. I’ve never seen him present. He’s in my pyramid though, so I should have known he’d rock it out. I agreed with everything he said and have highlighted a few top thoughts.
Keys points I liked:
- Don’t talk to folks about their flights and their job titles at conferences. Ask them about their goals, their experiences etc. “Job Titles hold no value”.
- Pyramid of networking. Summit (inner circle), Middle (folks you’d call / have coffee with), Base (“The Lurkers of Your Life”).
- “The size of your pyramid does not matter.”
- Not Working to Networking.
- “I don’t want to hear your elevator speech.” He wants to hear your Family Feud introduction.
- “F” people – Ask them about Food, Family, Friends, Favorites and watch stories flow.
- What values will YOU bring to your networking?
- Find your tribe. This takes years. Won’t happen overnight. But totally worth it.